Workspaces is a Journey Manager (JM) module providing web portal functionality for application management. Workspaces has been completely redesigned, adding powerful filtering capabilities (based on new JM REST APIs) that will enable users to find and manipulate applications quickly.
Currently, Workspaces supports back-office business process functionality including:
- Application processing - review pending applications that require manual intervention as part of the application workflow
- Helpdesk - assist customers with their enquiries on application preparation and progress
- Assisted channel - relationship managers can initiate and manage customer applications throughout the application lifecycle
- Task management - features that allow task group managers to manage applications in their group
Workspaces also offers the following non-bank user functionalities:
- Applicants - a space for authenticated applicants as a self-service portal for managing application creation, follow-ups, and keeping track of application progress
To deploy and configure Workspaces in your JM environment, you need access to the following resources.
- Journey Manager v19.05 or later.
- A JM user account with privileges for deploying and configuring WAR files.
- A Workspaces installation (WAR) file.
Starting from Journey Manager v20.05, the Workspaces WAR file is bundled with the Journey Manager installation file as an optional package.
While the Workspaces WAR file is bundled with the Journey Manager installation file, it is also available from the Journey Manager resources website (login required).
If you are deploying Workspaces in a Temenos - Avoka cloud hosting environment, contact the Avoka cloud hosting team for assistance in configuring the Apache proxy settings to access the Workspaces portal after deployment.
Supported web browsers
Workspaces has been designed for and tested against the following web browsers.
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 11 (limited support - see IE11 Support below)
For the best Workspaces experience, we recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and that you keep your browser updated, especially through the application of security patches.
While you may be able to access Workspaces using other browsers, there's no guarantee that everything will work, and you may not enjoy the same great user experience that is available when using a supported browser. We strongly recommend that you use a supported browser for the best Workspaces experience.
Journey Manager allows only one active Workspaces session. You can login to Workspaces on multiple browsers, but only the first browser in which you perform an action will be successful. The second and subsequent browsers in which you attempt an action will report an HTTP
403 Forbidden status code.
Workspaces is supported on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), commencing from Workspaces v18.11.4. While Workspaces is feature-compatible with IE11, the Workspaces user experience on IE11 may not be as great as when using a modern browser due to limitations imposed by IE11.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A comprehensive Workspaces FAQ is available on our documentation website.